Essentials Everything you need to get started
Like good riding, running a bike park is all about the flow
This is how we achieve it.
- Pay to ride. This is what keeps the Hill open. Need to know why? Check the FAQs. Want to join? Then you need to click here.
- Leave only tread patterns in the dirt and dust in the air. Time spent picking up rubbish is time not spent building trails!
- Only ride during the stated times. You’re not insured outside these times and could risk access for others.
- No helmet? No riding. It really is that simple!
- Don’t venture off the trails. There is a lot of wildlife in the Park that spooks easily.
- Hide your kit! Keep bags hidden and valuables in cars out of sight. There are tea leaves about!
- Help out your fellow rider. Get help in the event of an accident.
- Report any incident or trail damage. Tell a Forestry Commission ranger, call the Forestry Commission on 07796 313507 or contact us.
- If you have body armour, wear it. Flint and trees are the enemy of flesh and bones!
- Respect the trail fairies! Avoid unnecessary skidding.
- Respect the bearded one! Unless you want to be eaten.
- Do not build trails. Join the digging crew and learn to do it properly!
- Make sure your bike is in working order. If in doubt get it checked at a local bike shop.
- Ride within your limits. Like it needs to be said!
- Aston Hill is a technically challenging venue, especially in the wet. Be realistic about your skill level and how appropriate your bike/equipment is. If in doubt, check the frequently asked questions or contact us.